Saturday, February 24, 2007

Vicki Lane

Diana Vickery interviewed Vicki Lane for the Cozy Library.

Part of their exchange:

Cozy Library: On your web-site, you mention a community college professor who said you didn’t have the passion to become a writer. Have you spoken to him since you published the first Elizabeth Goodweather novel? If you have, has he eaten his words?

Vicki Lane: I emailed Bill when I got a contract and he told me that now I'd probably leave the farm and run off with a saxophone player. Fortunately, he was wrong about that too. Then I saw him later at a book fair and he said to a friend, "Do I know how to pick 'em or what? Taught her everything she knows."

To be fair to Bill, I probably didn't have the passion it takes -- until he made that snarky comment.
Read the whole interview.

--Marshal Zeringue