Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Cait Murphy

Dave Studeman of The Hardball Times recently interviewed Cait Murphy, author of Crazy '08: How a Cast of Cranks, Rogues, Boneheads, and Magnates Created the Greatest Year in Baseball History.

The first exchange from the Q & A:

THT: Let's start our conversation with a "softball": What is your background and what started your fascination with 1908?

Murphy: I work as an assistant managing editor at Fortune magazine, think of it as general assignment editor. Prior to that, I was a social policy and then energy correspondent at the Economist in London; and then an editorial page editor at the Asian Wall Street Journal in Hong Kong. But I have been a baseball fan longer than I have been a business writer. I inherited a love of the game from my father, who grew up a couple of long fly balls from Wrigley Field (Gabby Hartnett was an upstairs neighbor). I grew up playing in our backyard and on various local teams, including one year as one of the first girls to play Little League. I also played in college, an energetic if not particularly skilled second baseman. I am a Mets fan.

Read the entire interview.

Visit Cait Murphy's website.

--Marshal Zeringue