Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mary Stanton

From a Q & A with Mary Stanton about her new novel, Defending Angels:

How did you get the idea for Defending Angels?

My agent challenged me to write a proposal for a ghost hunter series. I’m like a dog with a biscuit. If you offer me a treat, I’ll jump. But it ended up with angels in it, instead of ghosts. I’m not sure why.

* * * *

Did you encounter any unusual obstacles in writing Defending Angels?

I don’t do much research when I write fiction. And I decided in an excess of hubris that I could remember enough Milton and Dante to create the celestial universe all on my own. Boy, was I wrong! I had to go back and re-read Paradise Lost and The Inferno. And then, since I’m so past by college days, it isn’t funny, I had to Google cribs for the poetry because I didn’t get it when I read the works all by myself. Thank goodness for online lesson plans!
Read the complete Q & A.

Visit Mary Stanton's website and blog.

--Marshal Zeringue