Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Matthew Aaron Goodman

From "5 or So Questions for Matthew Aaron Goodman, author of Hold Love Strong," at Tayari Jones's blog:

Was there a particular trigger that got you started on this novel?

Stand in a small hot, overcrowded room with folks and eventually you either sing and live or stay silent and die. It isn't solely about mortality. I'm talking about your human spirit, that fire that keeps one alive. You can get jaded or impervious or indifferent too, or you can fill with some other variation and/or derivative of hate. What I mean is I don't want any part of my spirit suppressed or snuffed out, and I don't want any part of the spirit of the people I loved snuffed out either. Hell no. If I knew how to play a trumpet or a trombone or a clarinet, then I wouldn't have written a word. But I don't, so I had to write.

What do you hope to accomplish by publishing
Hold Love Strong? What would have to happen for you to know you have succeeded? Has it happened already?

How about...[read on]
Read an excerpt from Hold Love Strong, and learn more about the book and author at Matthew Aaron Goodman's website.

The Page 69 Test: Hold Love Strong.

--Marshal Zeringue