Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sophie Hannah

Sophie Hannah is a bestselling poet and novelist who regularly performs her work both in the U.K. and abroad. A Room Swept White, her fifth psychological crime novel, is out this month in the U.K. The Wrong Mother was released in the U.S. in September 2009.

From her Q & A with the Independent:

Choose a favourite author, and say why you like her/him

I've got lots of favourite authors but I would say Nicci French because I look more forward to reading her next new book than any other author.

* * *
Which fictional character most resembles you?

Emma Woodhouse, from Jane Austen's Emma. She is nosy and bossy, and it has been said that I might be either or both.

* * *
Who is your hero/heroine from outside literature?

Although I know he would hate to be considered a hero, I would say Eckhart Tolle, who wrote The Power of Now, which I think is one of the most brilliant books ever.
Read the complete interview.

The Page 69 Test: Hurting Distance.

The Page 69 Test: Little Face.

My Book, The Movie: Little Face and Hurting Distance.

--Marshal Zeringue