Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Jed Rubenfeld

Jed Rubenfeld is the Robert R. Slaughter Professor of Law at Yale Law School and author of the novel The Interpretation of Murder.

From his Q & A with Boyd Tonkin for the Independent:

Choose a favourite author and say why you like him/her

Kazuo Ishiguro. I've read every book he has written... Here's someone else with an exquisite ability to captivate you with his language – and to capture the human drama.

* * *
Which fictional character most resembles you?

In my own writing, I suppose it has be [the psychologist] Stratham Younger – but I wish it was the detective, Jimmy Littlemore.

* * *
Who is your hero/heroine from outside literature?

Abraham Lincoln. I still tell stories about him to my kids. He was a man of tremendous integrity, morality and self-restraint. And he was one of the few politicians who transcends politics.
Read the complete interview.

--Marshal Zeringue