Friday, November 5, 2010

John Banville

John Banville's many books include The Sea, which won the 2007 Man Booker Prize, The Infinities, and several crime novels under the pseudonym Benjamin Black.

From his Q & A with the Independent:

Choose a favourite author and say why you like him/her

My favourite author at the moment is William James... A wise philosopher, and there are not many of those about.

* * *
Which fictional character most resembles you?

Phoebe Griffin in my Benjamin Black novels, particularly the latest, 'Elegy for April', in which she becomes really interesting. My agent Ed Victor says I am in love with her, but I think I am her.

* * *
Who is your hero/heroine from outside literature?

Marie Curie.
Read the complete Q & A.

Learn about the book John Banville most wants his kids to read.

--Marshal Zeringue