Thursday, May 12, 2011

Sara Gran

Sara Gran's new novel is Claire Dewitt and the City of the Dead.

From her Q & A with Declan Burke:

What crime novel would you most like to have written?

Raymond Chandler’s THE LONG GOODBYE. Beautiful, haunting, and exactly what the mystery is is a mystery itself.

What fictional character would you most like to have been?

Well, I like being myself. But Sherlock Homes might have been fun. I would like to be smarter than I am. And Nero Wolfe’s sidekick Archie Goodwin always seemed to have a good time.

Who do you read for guilty pleasures?

I don’t feel guilt about reading. I mean, there’s people killing people out there, Declan, and you think I should feel bad about reading a trashy novel?! But I do enjoy some light reading others would probably like to make me feel guilty for; in contemporary stuff I enjoy the Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child thrillers, and I never get tired of ....[read on]
Visit Sara Gran's website and blog.

--Marshal Zeringue