Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lyndsay Faye

Lyndsay Faye's new novel is Seven for a Secret.

From her Q & A with Elise Guest at Eight Bookcases:

What's your first book-related memory?

Hmmm. I don't have one. I was never not reading, really. My parents were obsessed with great storytelling and read to me all the time, and I started reading very early, before I can quite remember it--I was extremely lucky to have a pair of book lovers for parents. That and FYI, I have a memory like a steel sieve. I do know that before I could read, I'd correct my mom when she tried to skip paragraphs in bedtime stories. I was an obnoxious little animal.

What's one word or turn of phrase that you've felt compelled to work into your writing?

There's a lot of a language called "flash patter" in the Timothy Wilde novels, and in the new one, Seven for a Secret, I absolutely could not stop myself from including an interlude about what the word "O.K." actually means (it's an acronym). Tim and Val Wilde, who patter flash, comprehend its meaning and their friend Mr. Piest has to ask what on earth O.K. signifies (the word was coined as...[read on]
Visit Lyndsay Faye's website.

Writers Read: Lyndsay Faye (April 2012).

The Page 69 Test: The Gods of Gotham.

The Page 69 Test: Seven for a Secret.

--Marshal Zeringue