Sunday, August 16, 2015

Louis Sachar

Louis Sachar's latest novel is Fuzzy Mud.

From his Q & A at the Guardian:

Are you a fast reader? How many books do you think you could read in a day?

I am not a fast reader. To me, that’s like asking if you can eat a big piece of cake in three seconds. That’s not the point of cake, or of books. I like to take my time to fully enjoy each.

We are very excited about your new book Fuzzy Mud and love it! What excited you most about your new book?

I like Tamaya a lot. She’s not your typical spunky, sassy, kind of main character. She’s the kind of kid that people might overlook, but inside, she’s stronger and braver than the other more extroverted people around her.

Do you have a favourite genre of fiction now or when you were younger?

I liked sports stories and stories about...[read on]
--Marshal Zeringue