Friday, July 1, 2016

Simone Zelitch

Simone Zelitch's new novel is Judenstaat.

From her Q & A at The Qwillery:
TQ: What has influenced / influences your writing?

Simone: My own life and travels influence me, and too many authors to name, but in the case of Judenstaat, I need to give the big shout-out to George Orwell and in the case of everything else, James Baldwin, Leo Tolstoy, and Ursula K. Le Guin.

TQ: Describe Judenstaat in 140 characters or less.

Simone: This one was given to me by SF author Terry Bisson:

A widow stalks her husband’s assassin in a Jewish state carved out of Germany in 1948.

TQ: Tell us something about Judenstaat that is not found in the book description.

Simone: There’s a Stasi agent in it, and a very sweet and dogged Jewish mother. Also, it’s Nineteen-Eighty Four fan fiction not only thematically, but structurally. I even stole...[read on]
Visit Simone Zelitch's website.

--Marshal Zeringue